Saturday, October 8, 2011

Walmart Owed Me 15cents!! YEAH!!!!!!!

I realize that I can't go on a shopping spree with 15cents, but its the principal that counts.

The razors I purchased. Image courtesy of Consumer Queen.com
I went to Walmart to actually purchase some printer ink (which they didn't have, at least not the one I needed anyway) and since I went to the Walmart the farthest from me (read all about that here), I decided that I was not going to leave empty handed.  I wanted to get as many items for free as I could.  I wasn't looking for cheapies just freebies. I did have a stack of coupons that I thought would get me some free stuff, but none of the matchups worked.  But I did have one final $6.00 of 2-Schick razors coupon and one $3 off 1 Schick razor coupon that I was able to use. Since it was late and the associates were in the process of restocking, the bin that the razors are normally in was empty and I almost left without my razors until I realized something.  Right behind the bins were shopping carts with boxes and bags of unstocked items and the razors I wanted to purchase were in there too! SCORE!

Since these razors cost just $1.97 per bag, I had about a $3 overage. My sweetie cakes mentioned she wanted some Cheetos, so I used the overage to purchase them.  Checkout took a lot longer than it should have because the cashier couldn't believe that the value of my coupons were greater than the value of the actual item.  I was patient, and didn't get irate or rude because I may have her as a cashier another day.  Finally, the manger came and told her it was fine and that they (Walmart) "gets paid for the coupons anyway". I thought to myself, "finally some one who knows how this works".  Funny because I had the same issue the last time I used the coupons.  I don't know if the cashiers don't know store policies or if they are really in shock and can't figure out how I get the stuff for free.  My thought is that if they don't loose money...neither the store nor does it come from out of their paychecks and besides making sure the coupon matches the item, whats' the big deal?

But I digress...my overage covered the prices of the Cheetos, the tax and I got back 15cents.  It's like getting paid to shop.  They're giving me money, rather than me giving them money...I like it!

It was a small shopping trip today, but it gave me an idea of a bigger strategy to score some good items for holiday shopping using what I will call "The Law of Overages".  A post about that coming soon!  In case you need proof, my receipt is below.  You will notice two subtotals...that's because the cashier was trying to make sense of how I was getting this stuff for free. LOL. Bless her heart!


oh, and don't forget to get your groovy phone case for free at Save More or just click here.  As soon as you sign up you will get a free $10 which you can use towards the phone case deal which is just $7.

No comments:

Post a Comment