Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sally Hansen Eyebrow, Face and Lip Wax Kit Review



I purchased the Sally Hansen Microwaveable Eyebrow, Face and Lip kit a few months ago during a Harris Teeter Super Doubles event. I think after coupons is was maybe 49 cents.  So at that price, why not give it a try?

So, last night I decided to use it. I am going to do more waxing that tweezing going forward because I do find with tweezing, if there is an ingrown hair or anything it will leave a dark mark. And the last thing I need are dark marks on or near my face...not happening!

I followed the directions and used the product as stated. First thing I noticed is that it indicates the wax should be heated for about 90 seconds, but it took almost 3 minutes for me to get the wax to a workable state. I did have to let it cool down a minute but 90 seconds didn't cut it at all.

As a product to remove hair, this stuff works! It works really well. No complaints at all, I really love it. The only cons is that is really messy. BUT, this was my first time using anything other than tweezers and a wax strip, so it could be user error. Because I made such a mess there was wax that I don't think I can even reopen the jar! I should have a good 2 uses left...if I can open it!

Bottom Line:
I recommend this product, because it works! Yes, I made a mess but I'm a newbie to at-home waxing.  I do have a "good" microwave and it took longer than the recommended 90 seconds to heat. But I would still heat at 90 seconds again and increase in increments until the wax is in a usable state.

The product came with a $1 off coupon, so that is always a plus! Plus you can get a $2 off coupon here: http://sallyhansen.com/coupons

Have you used this product? Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment