Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Juice Cleanse Day 1



It has begun.

The first day of my 30 day juice cleanse is underway as I drink smoothie numero uno as I type this post.
I was supposed to have started on the 2nd but had a mishap that didn't allow that so instead of rushing I committed to start before the 10th, so here we are Jan 8th, officially Day 1.

I'm "eating" a little late, so even though its noon its officially breakfast. I really don't like to eat until I've had 2 bottles of water and my ginger tea...so since I got a late start on that everything was pushed back. I'll do better tomorrow, promise :-)

In the fridge is a big 'ole carton of spinach and not much else. I have apples, but since I don't have a juicer yet that won't do any good in the blender. I did also find a few blackberries, a kiwi and some banana's which I used to make my smoothie today.  A big improvisation that paid off, because this smoothie is delish!

Kiwi-Banana-Blackberry and Spinanch Smoothie

-Half a banana cut
-1 kiwi
-5-6 bluberries
-2-3 handfuls of spinach
-5 ice cubes

Blend until there are no chucks but just a smoothie puree. The coldness of the ice really adds a nice umpf to it. This made one glass, about 6 oz so if you want more be sure to use more fruit and spinach.

I may just have a straight green smoothie for lunch and I'll head to the store later for more fruit.  I am excited and looking forward to this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment