Saturday, December 21, 2013

To Wig or Not To Wig?



I've been super duper lazy with my hair. I have no motivation to style it. I don't want bantu knots, a twist out, a blow dry or a flat iron, a wash and go, a wake up and go...nothing! My hair has been in twists for about 90 percent of the time since mid November. I've been taking care of my hair of course. Washing, conditioning, deep conditioning, moisturizing it, etc... but it goes right back in twists.  But of course, I need to leave the house and wearing my old trusty hat is getting old.  So I've decided I'm going to try a wig. I thought about getting braids and even a weave but I don't want that stress on my hair.

Now, I know nothing about wigs. Nothing. Never had one. Never wanted one. I don't think I've even touched one.  And the good thing and bad thing about the internet is that there is so much information, it can leave one (namely me) very very confused.  Luckly, a friend of mine was about to give me a wig 101 lesson so I am no longer totally and utterly clueless.

A local beauty supply store is having a 20 percent off sale on wigs less than $100. Guess who is so there?? ME!  And I have no plans to spend more than $30 on a wig (don't judge me) because as my friend warned me I may not even like how it feels on my head. Some people find it too heavy or unforgettable and to invest a lot in something that I don't even know if I'm going to wear more than once is not the move!

Any advice on wigs? Feel free to leave it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment