Friday, December 27, 2013

A Healthier 2014: Part 1



Yes, everyone seems to make resolutions for 2014 with the goal of getting healthy. Why not? It's a great goal worthy of sticking to.

But many point out the cost of eating better is more expensive and actually, I don't think this is totally true and long run benefits by far outweigh the short run costs.

My getting healthier starts now and I am considering a 30-day juicing cleanse starting Jan 2.  In prep, I am juicing 1-2 a day now to make the transition.

But what about budget?

I went to my local Shoppers with a $12 budget to make 2 juice smoothies a day for 2 people for the next 3 days.  I purchased the items above for $11.85 including tax.  I purchased a bag of spinach, a bag of oranges, a pineapple, a kiwi, a lime and blackberries.  The blackberries and kiwi were on sale so I plan to return to get more.

Menu Planning

Jan 28th - Jan 30th

  • Breakfast: Pineapple and orange smoothie (adding some spinach as well)
  • Snack: Spinach and Blackberry smoothie (adding some honey and lemon for taste)
  • Lunch ( Jan 30th only): Green smoothie
Eating healthy is doable and doesn't have to be break the bank. I'm on a missing to prove it!


No comments:

Post a Comment