Thursday, March 8, 2012

March Madness 2: Shopping for FREE (Well, Almost)

I visited Target today.  I was in need of some nasal/sinus medication, this unseasonably warm weather has kicked off our allergies.  So of course, with my monthly budget being crazy low it was important to shop smart.  We also could use jelly (we're down to our last jar, hand sanitizer and contact solution).

My biggest spend was going to be the medicine, so I was a little concerned about that cost.  But I wound up making out pretty well.  My total spend for today was just .36cents total out of pocket.  Here's what I walked away with:


1 Jar of Welches Naturals Jelly $1.69
(2) Renu Multi Purpose Contact Solution $1.57 each
1 Up and Up Nasal Decongestant $2.89
1 Up and Up Facial Cleansing Towels $.99
1 Purell $2.99
(2) Chicken Burritos $.89 each

Coupons used:
$1 off Welches Jelly (Target) with .75 off Welches manufacturers  coupon = FREE JELLY!
(2) 2.00 off Renu coupons = FREE PLUS OVERAGE!
(2) 2.00 off any Market Pantry Frozen chicken item = FREE CHICKEN BURRITOS
.50 peelie found on box of nasal decongestant = $2.39
$1 Purell manufacturers coupon, $1 Target coupon, $1 Target mobile coupon = FREE PURELL
$1off any Up and Up facial item = FREE FACIAL CLEANSING TOWELS

So clearly, either something was on sale even more and I didn't know it because my total should have been about $1.50.  But it was just .36cents with tax! I'll take it!

I also wasn't sure if the Up and Up Facial coupon would work because it said not valid on travel/trial sizes.  The pack I purchased only has 10 clothes, but it scanned without issue.  If it didn't work, I would have just put the item back, it was "bonus" item, not critical. I've never had the chicken burritos, but I am hoping they will go well with some Mexican rice and side salad for dinner next week!

Here's my current standing:

Dollars left to spend: $53.32
Still have $55.55 towards stockpile remaining

See my other March Madness posts:







Get this FREE Money Maker at Target and Walmart!

$2.00 off renu fresh™ multi-purpose solution

No comments:

Post a Comment