Sunday, August 4, 2013

A First Review on 2nd and Charles



Yesterday, as I was adding books to my Amazon.com wishlist and seeing how the price was also adding up rather quickly, it dawned on me.  My coveted Borders had been replaced by 2nd and Charles which is a used bookstore that I had refused to step foot into out of sheer principle...I loved Borders!  But the other day, I finally broke my boycott and visited and the experience was better than I thought.

Today I returned, with a list of the books I put on wishlist at Amazon.com to hopefully score them a lot cheaper than retail. I cleared out some older books in hope that I would be able to get enough store credit to purchase the books I wanted.  The good news is they did have 2 of the 3 books I wanted, but I only wound up getting one of the books and purchased another book that tickled my fancy.  At checkout, my total was ZERO yes, honey $0!  I was able to use a 20% off coupon and my store credit giving me a 3 cents remaining as a store credit :-)

I can get used to this.

I'll admit, I'm not one for second hand anything.  But with books, I am the type that has to feel the book an e-reader isn't my thing.  However, once I read a book I'm done with it...there are just a few books that I keep for reference, the others just wind up collecting dust.  With 2nd and Charles, I can now take my used books and with my store credit purchase new-used books.

Can we say winning?

So Borders, my old faithful I bid you sweet adieu...you shall always be in my heart and memories. 2nd and Charles...you have a new fan and customer.

Click here to find a 2nd and Charles near you, let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment