Friday, July 12, 2013

The 9 Cent Meal



This is why I love couponing and saving money!

Couponing to me is a hobby. I am on a relentless pursuit towards financial independence and saving money is definitely helpful toward that goal. I am a very strategic person and strategic shopping to me is not only beneficial but very exciting.

Today I realized how well I have been doing with saving and investing. I work from home, and lunch time rolled around and since it was a gloomy day I had a taste for some comfort food.  I didn't want to go to the store and purchase anything on a whim nor buy any yucky fast food loaded with unnecessary calories.   I went in my pantry and found some Campbells Slow Kettle Soup (which is delicious by the way) and in my fridge I found some Pepperidge Farm garlic bread.  Perfect! Yummy and comforting...soup and garlic bread.  I realized I purchased the soup for free, using $2 off coupons I had that doubled during a Harris Teeter super doubles event, the bread I got for just 50 cents a box during a sale plus coupon at Safeway.  #winning.

My meal cost: About 9 cents.

Right now, I have don't have to purchase toothpaste, deodorant, toothbrushes, razors, feminine wash and a host of other products for at least 8 months to over a year. My stockpile has grown greatly and most of these products I've gotten for free or close to it.  And that's a good feeling.

I believe anyone can incorporate couponing and deal finding, its a $20-$60 and hour job.

The purpose of this blog? I don't know. I just want to share how saving money is practical and is beneficial in everyday life.


No comments:

Post a Comment