Tuesday, September 20, 2011

CVS Take


This couponing thing can be quite addictive. Keep in mind I have no desire to have 100 years of stuff or just buy stuff for the sake of buying stuff like some people on these extreme couponing shows. Having said that, I've always been a couponer...I used to use coupons in H.S. for everthing from lip gloss to McDonalds. For me, its fun to pay pennies on the dollar for stuff just because I took the time to clip a coupon and wait for a sale.

I went to CVS today to pick up a few things we needed and eventually would need to to buy. But I saved big time becaue of advance planning, couponing and sale cycle.

Here's my take:

Wonka Candy Bags (for the trick or treaters) Retail: $7.49. Sale for $5 each. Used 1.50 off 2 bags coupon. Earned $3 in CVS extra bucks. Total Saved: $ 9.48 (paid just $2.25 per bag).

Scott Paper Towels (was down to our last roll) Retail: 7.49. Sale for $5.99. Used $1 coupon. Earned $1 in extra care bucks. Total Saved: $3.99  paid just $3.50.

Revlon Superlast Plum Lipgloss. Retail: 9.99. Sale $5.49. Used $1 coupon. Earned $5 in extra care bucks. Total Saved: Well, I actually got paid to take the gloss out the store... 51 cents:-)

Crest Mouthwash. Retail $5.99. Sale $3.99. Used $1 coupon. Earned 1.25 in extra care bucks. Total Saved: $4.25 (paid $1.74)

On top of it all I had a $4 off $20 purchase coupon. Which effectively brought down the total paid for every item above by 80 cents. Which means:

Candy: 1.45 per bag
Paper Towels:  2.70
Revlon Gloss: Made 1.31
Mouthwash:  94 cents

Yeah, so everything above really cost me just $5.23 :-)  (tax not included)

No comments:

Post a Comment