Thursday, September 22, 2011

5 Personal Care Items You Can Pay ALMOST NILCH For!

Savvy shoppers know what items you can get the best deals on.  And since I've just started couponing, here is my round up on the items that you should never have to pay much for.  







Razors

Razors are one of those items where you can easily spend over $10, and if you shave often the cost can add up quickly.  But you can pay next to nothing for razors.  For example, Walmart has Schick razors for $1.97 for a 12 pack, by printing out the coupon that saves you $6 or 2 packs of Schick razors you actually MAKE MONEY on buying razors.

If you're not a fan of disposable razors.  You can often find high-value coupons that will bring you cost of a reusable razor to 90 cents or under.


Shaving Cream

If you buy razors, you'll usually need shaving cream.  At a recent trip to Harris Teeter, I paid just 25cents for a regular size Skintimate Shave Gel.  It was on sale for $2.50, Harris Teeter tripled my 75 cent coupon allowing me to pay just 25 cents out of pocket.  You can often find coupons on shaving cream and most stores put them on sale at least once a month.  The key is to use a manufacturers coupon with a store coupon and catch a sale.  I haven't landed any shaving cream for free, but it's only a matter of time!  Also, shaving cream isn't totally necessary...for shaving legs you can easily substitute shaving cream for hair conditioner to save some money. Never pay full price for shaving cream...EVER!

Also, you may luck up and find shaving cream coupons that are also valid on trial sizes, so be on the look out!

Toothpaste

Every site I've came across says to you never have to pay for toothpaste.  Perhaps, that is true. But, I haven't been so lucky.  You can save on all the new fancy smancy toothpastes that are out now.  But Walmart has toothpaste for the everyday price of 97 cents, and since it makes me no difference what toothpaste I use (most of the time). I don't consider toothpaste a good deal unless I pay less than 97 cents.

But there are exceptions...

I shop CVS  and they often has extra care rewards on toothpaste.  You can sometimes catch a sale, and use a coupon and earn extra care bucks that are equal to (or close to) the amount of the toothpaste...which makes the toothpaste free when you account for the bucks earned.

Trial size toothpaste can be a good deal if you can use a coupon.  I haven't done this yet...but I am keeping my eye out.



Toothbrushes

Ummm...same deal with toothbrushes as with toothpaste.

Also, you can sometimes land a free toothbrush with your toothpaste purchase.  Also, if you for for your regular cleaning most dentists will give you a free toothbrush


Deodorant


I can usually get a standard or larger deodorant for .99cents or less.  Usually it works like this: store has sale on deodorant for 1.99, I use $1 off coupon.  I have done this at CVS and received extra care bucks, making my purchase free.

So, be on the look out for deals and steals when it comes to these personal hygiene products.  Doesn' t make sense to pay full price when you can get them for less or free!

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment